Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

On My Wishlist - Debut Authors


On My Wishlist is hosted by Book Chick City :)

I love both of these covers! I also love Friday the 13th, clocks, Edgar Allen Poe and teen romance so I'm super excited about these books :)

The Thirteenth Chime by Emma Michaels
Release Date: FRIDAY August 13th by Bokheim Publishing
(from Goodreads)
No one knew of its existence until it was removed from the attic upstairs.
In a beautiful house that overlooks the sea, an antique clock has the power to change the course of their lives.
The power the clock resonates will not only force Destiny and ex-boyfriend David on a journey into the depths of one man's mind long dead, but into the mind of a man filled with hatred and bent on revenge.
With the only clues to the nature of the clock having disappeared into the sea, Destiny and David must retrace the steps the man had taken into the darkness, before they fall prey to the trap he had set in motion over half a century ago.
Hatred never dies. 

Nevermore by Kelly Creagh
Release Date: August 31st by Atheneum
(from Goodreads)
Cheerleader Isobel Lanley is horrified when she is paired with Varen Nethers for an English project, which is due—so unfair—on the day of the rival game. Cold and aloof, sardonic and sharp-tongued, Varen makes it clear he’d rather not have anything to do with her either. But when Isobel discovers strange writing in his journal, she can’t help but give this enigmatic boy with the piercing eyes another look.
Soon, Isobel finds herself making excuses to be with Varen. Steadily pulled away from her friends and her possessive boyfriend, Isobel ventures deeper and deeper into the dream world Varen has created through the pages of his notebook, a realm where the terrifying stories of Edgar Allan Poe come to life.
As her world begins to unravel around her, Isobel discovers that dreams, like words, hold more power than she ever imagined, and that the most frightening realities are those of the mind. Now she must find a way to reach Varen before he is consumed by the shadows of his own nightmares.
His life depends on it. 

So, what's on your wishlist?

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for Emma.
    I love to see a new blogger succeed.
    I can't wait to try her book ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't speak for Nevermore - but I have read The Thirteenth Chime and it rocked my socks off - I cant WAIT to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Thirteenth Chime looks so good! Nice picks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice picks! I'm really looking forward to these ones also :)

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)