Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, July 23, 2010

Flashback Friday: I Saw You That Night! by R.L. Stine

Flashback Friday reviews are of books that I read as a teen, reread now years later :)

Title: I Saw You That Night!
Author: R.L. Stine
Publication Date: 1994
Originally Read: ?

(from back cover)
Sand. Surf. Sun. Roxie lives for the summer. But this summer things aren't going the way Roxie planned. 
It all started when she broke into Lee Blume's house just to win a stupid bet. Because while she was in Lee's house, Roxie saw something she shouldn't have seen. Heard something she shouldn't have heard. 
And now someone's looking for Roxie. 
Someone who wants her...dead.

This one was a pleasant surprise for me. I know I owned this book - I have very real memories of the cover BUT I didn't remember the storyline at all. It's pretty unusual for me to not remember a book I've read (even if it is almost 20 years later ;) So there might be a chance I never actually read it :)

R.L. Stine really is a master. He's one of those authors I would love to sit down for coffee with so I could pick his brain. I Saw You That Night, while somewhat cheesy compared to modern YA thrillers, still, in my opinion, stands the test of time. I very much enjoyed this twisty romp through the landscape of a very disturbed teenager :)

I would recommend pretty much every book Stine has ever written :) Thrill factor might be a little low on this one, but the action is very real. Very much, "crap, I hope I'm never in that situation" combined with "wow, I'm really happy my life isn't this f***ed up ;)

A happy, enjoyable read for me!

4 comments:

  1. LOL
    I miss these :) Great flashback :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean.It's great to have flash back on those goose bumps too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, did I tell you how much I love this feature? Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. R.L. Stine is the best thing ever! I think between my brother and myself, we owned every goosebumps book and we passed them down to one of our cousins :)

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)