Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Musings and News

Ever feel like after a long vacation, you need another vacation? That's about where I am now. I'm back in my house and back at work but my brain has failed to fully check in. I'm hoping it will come back to me soon.....oh brain...how I miss you....

As soon as those synapses start firing correctly I'll have some reviews for you guys - I've read a bunch of really great books recently! 

I'm still feeling the urge to annoy? Um....pester?  No! Enrich! Yeah, I'm still feeling the need to enrich your lives with my wonderful babble so don't think you've gotten rid of me that easily :)

A few things -- First! Did you enter my Blogoversary Mega Contest?! Only a few days left!! I'm getting really excited - can't wait to pick winners!

In other bookish news -- some cool things are happening in book land that I wanted to share with you :)

Supper excited about this -- Harlequin Teen has posted the cover for Julie Kagawa's final Iron Fey series book - The Iron Queen! I've read the first two books and have loved them! Couldn't find a good forward facing pic but here is Harlequin's link (click on "Step into the world of the Fey" on the upper left hand side). Take a look - it's pink!

Also, if you're a fan of Julie's -- This Saturday at 8PM EST Gail form Ticket to Anywhere, Pam from Bookalicious and Erica from The Book Cellar are hosting a Twitter Party to celebrate the release of The Iron Daughter. There will be prizes and Q&A with Julie.You can follow the chat using the hashtag #ironfey. I know I'm going to try to participate - are you?

Want to help a publisher pick a cover for an upcoming book? At Teen Fire you can! Teen Fire is the online NING of Sourcebooks publishing and they currently have two books they are asking for help with - Eyes in the Mirror and The Weight of Bones. I'm a little obsessed with pretty book covers so I love when they do this! The more people who participate the better! If you're not a member, I highly recommend you join. If you are a member and haven't voted - what are you waiting for?

That's all for now my lovelies :) Hope you are all having a great week - Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. I just saw the cover today for The Iron Queen.. Love it! Thanks for posting about the twitter party for TID, I might have missed it otherwise. Welcome back from vaca! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the book cover too and cant wait for The Iron Queen!

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)