Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Can you tell me?...

In the course of blogging, learning the ropes, trying to get a handle on Twitter, I have discovered that I have a lot of questions about random things.

Occasionally, I'm going to pose a question to you. Something random but bloggy / social networky / techy in nature most likey. (what? those are all real words, I swear)

I'll post up answers in a few days - cause, maybe you don't know the same things I don't know...you know?

This week, I ask you:

What is a "Temporary post used for theme detection" post?
 
I've seen these around, but have NO IDEA what it means! Is is something good? Something cool I'm missing out on? Something sinister that's going to take over the world?

Help a girl out! Do you know?

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! What are those posts for?????????????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually have no clue what that is for either. Hopefully someone will so we can both be informed! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Randy - updated your title today! Other updates to the Massive List 2011 coming soon.

    Really hoping someone knows the answer to this question ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think, and I could just be making this up, that it's what shows up in feed readers when Wordpress users delete a post before you read it. I'm almost positive it only shows up for Wordpress users, so maybe one of them would know better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It posted something like that on my blog when I first started using Windows Live Writer for my blog. Pretty much WLW use this temporary post to register my blog template for future posts and so I can preview my post before I actualy post it.

    I don't know if it's the same for everytime you see that message, but it's one of the possibilities

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're a sweetheart, WillowRaven. Thanks!!!

    Now, if I only had a clue about today's question. Theme detection sounds like h.s. lit class to me. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep...Tynga's analysis there is spot on...nothing that's going to take over the word or anything. ^_^

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)