Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Book Roundup (14) - January 27, 2013

Merriam-Webster defines 'roundup' as a gathering in of scattered persons or things (source)

Replace 'persons or things' with 'BOOKS!' and you'll have what happens in my house every week as I try to keep control of my hoard :)

I got some excellent books these past couple of weeks!


Silly of me but I really hate that they changed the cover design and now book 3 doesn't in any way match my hardcovers of books 1 and 2. Started reading this one already and so far it's really good!

Gift:
From Goodreads: "A lavish look at the read world -- both the secret history and the behind-the-scenes drama -- of Downton Abbey" LOVE IT! I'm so obsessed with this


For Review:
June 4, 2013 from Henry Holt and Company
EEEEKKK! I am so excited to get this one read! I LOVED Shadow and Bone - one of the best fantasies I've read in a really long time.

July 23, 2013 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux
This is a monster of a book! (688 pages!) Smith really knows how to write terrifying stories - I love his Escape from Furnace series and The Fury looks to be a great start to another awesome supernatural series.

May 28, 2013 from Feiwel and Friends
I couldn't wait...and I already read this one and it is FANTASTIC! Better then book 1 in my opinion  Can't wait to share all my thoughts with you closer to the release date :)

July 2, 2013 from Feiwel and Friends
A new horror story from Stine? Yes please!!


Links are to Goodreads :)

How about your guys? What have you added to your hoard lately?

9 comments:

  1. You did get some great books! I loved Shades of Earth! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh...You got and read Monument 14 book 2!! I can not wait for that one:) And I have the same issue with Shades of Earth...I haven't popped on it yet though I am dying to read it!

    My Added to the Bookshelf post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Siege and Storm... can't wait! :) I need to read the first Monument 14.. I have it.. I just need to read it! Kate loved that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shades of Earth was incredible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a Downton book? Have you seen the recipe books?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Fury!!! Ahhh! So excited. I absolutely LOVE the Escape from Furnace series. So glad he's chugging along on a new series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the Downton Abbey book! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am publishing book in www.myinkbooks.com need any recent books or publish contract us freely. I am looking to electronic publishers, publisher, ebook, pub etc.

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)