Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Book Roundup (13) - January 6, 2013

Merriam-Webster defines 'roundup' as a gathering in of scattered persons or things (source)

Replace 'persons or things' with 'BOOKS!' and you'll have what happens in my house every week as I try to keep control of my hoard :)

It's been ages since I've spent any quality time organizing my books and...my house is crying!
Hopefully these beauties will get their well deserved shelf space soon :)


For Review:
March 12, 2013 from Spencer Hill Press
I really enjoyed Darby's debut, Griffin Rising, and I love Spencer Hill Press so I have high hopes for this new Middle Grade fantasy.

Won via Shelf Awareness
March 12, 2013 from Harper
My friend read Elizabeth's debut, Into The Darkest Corner, and loved it. Not a YA book but I'm really looking forward to integrating more 'adult' books into my reading this year.
And goes to show - girls in dresses aren't relegated just to YA covers :)

'Bought' via Random Buzzers
September 11, 2012 from Random House
I've heard amazing things about Sarah's writing and this one has been on my wishlist for a while. I'm so happy I was able to cash on on my Buzz Bucks :)

For Review:
January 15, 2013 from Quirk Books
Can you see in the pic above how one sister looks all snakey and the other doesn't? The cover is a holographic and it's awesome! Book 1 was fantastic (review to post soon!) and I can't wait to get this one read. An awesome new middle grade series!

Bought:
January 1, 2013 from Kim Harrington
Another mystery from Kim? Yes please!! I've read all of Harrington's books and have LOVED them all. Very excited for this new one!


Ok - that's it (for now, mwahahahaha!)

Links are to Goodreads


How about your guys? What have you added to your hoard lately?
Happy Reading everyone!!!

7 comments:

  1. I love Griffin. I am looking forward to reading Griffin's Storm and then meeting Finn. I want to start the Tales from Lovecraft Middle School, but I really need to finish a couple of series I've already started before adding new ones. (if possible)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh - that's never possible!
      j/k :) Good luck!

      If you do get the chance, pick up Tales from Lovecraft, it quickly turned into one of my MG keeper series that I'll be really excited to pass on to my daughter once she's old enough.

      And yes, I love Griffin as well - and thank you for remembering I need to finish that series!

      Delete
  2. Unspoken is the next book I'm reading, can't wait! Hope you enjoy your new books :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unspoken as 2 short story prequels. I read them today and they are fabulous! Really cool insights into the MCs of Unspoken.

      There are pdf links for the stories on their Goodreads pages - you should check them out if you get the chance!

      Delete
  3. Unspoken was such a good book! I hope you enjoy it and everything else you got :)

    -Jessica (Peace Love Books)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to reading Unspoken :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)