Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 NetGalley Reading Challenge

HAPPY 2013 EVERYONE!

Are you a member of NetGalley and need some incentive to get all those lovely books you've requested read and reviewed

Then I've got a challenge for you!

I'm a casual kind of gal so my rules are very simple

1. Link Up Your Blog Below
Use the url of wherever you post your NetGalley reviews
*a dedicated post declaring your participation would be lovely to help spread the word but it isn't mandatory*

2. Pick A Level

Blue Star: Read 1-10 NetGalley books in 2013

Green Star: Read 11-20 NetGalley books in 2013

Red Star: Read 21-30 NetGalley books in 2013

Gold Star: Read 30+ NetGalley books in 2013

3. Snag the challenge button


Use it in your declaration post and / or put it in your sidebar
If you design your own, let me know and I'll add it for others to snag!

4. READ THE BOOKS!

5. Link up your reviews every month
On the 1st of every month I'll post a linky
Share your reviews with others, visit fellow participants blogs
AND
you'll be entered to win a MONTHLY PRIZE!

Throughout the year there will also be mini challenges, discussion topics, info posts and hopefully some other goodies as well :)

If you have any questions let me know!
Happy NetGalley Reading Everyone!



27 comments:

  1. I JUST found your blog and saw you hosted this challenge in 2012, then I was wondering if you'd host it again. Then? I go to your home page and. It's. Right. There. This makes me happy. Lol(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when things work out like that! Thank you so much for joining my Challenge this year.
      Happy Reading!!

      Delete
  2. I'm choosing not to participate in any challenges for 2013 but I'd definitely be partaking in this one if I could. I'm so sad that NetGalley seems to have fallen to the wayside a little bit. I've been out of the blogging game for a few months - does it seem this way to you? Do I just not know how to work the new set up? Any help would definitely be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think that NetGalley has fallen by the wayside a bit but I'm not sure why exactly. The new site is very very different from the old but I don't think it's completely finished either (I could be wrong). It almost feels like there has been a lull in blogging overall - but it also could just be the group of blogs and bloggers I follow.

      In any case, I do plan to spend a great deal of time navigating and 'perfecting' how I use the new site and NetGalley in general and I will be sharing!

      NG is such a wonderful resource for bloggers and I would hate to see it fade away.

      Totally understand about not participating in any challenges. I did something similar last year. This year I've been contemplating the complete opposite - I'm thinking a total submersion into as many challenges as I can might help me stay on track and interact with more people and blogs throughout the year. We'll see though!

      Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  3. Love this idea! I will be doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be joining yet another of your Netgalley challenges it seems. I don't have many to review as of right now...but I just know it's going to explode once the year gets going.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I know how you feel!
      Thanks for joining :)

      Delete
  5. Yay! I totally slacked on the last portion of the year.. must get back into it! :)

    I think I'll be aiming for a green star :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - I just realized I have no idea how many NG books I read last year...Of course I was going for the gold but I'm pretty sure I didn't make it!

      Here's to hoping 2013 will be better.

      Good luck and thanks for joining in :)

      Delete
  6. I joined last year and I'm joining again this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!
    I signed up with my original post link. BUT, my Challenge will take place on my Challenges 2013 page! So I didn't know which LINK to use, so I chose the one where it shows the rules, the button, and where I state I want to go for the GOLD!
    In the future, though, it will be this LINK: http://www.lauriehere.com/p/challenges-for-2013.html
    So I wasn't to sure which link to use yet. I still have to add it to my page! I 'just' came over and signed up and will now go do the post on my Challenges 2013 page.
    Thanks!
    Laurie Carlson
    laurieisreading at gmail dot com
    Thanks for doing this every year, too!!!!!!
    SO glad you host it!!! It is VERY appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - no problem Laurie :)
      Glad to have you!!!

      Delete
  8. This is such a great idea, it is sad but I request great books from Netgalley and then sometimes completely forget about them :/. I am joining and hope I can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sad...and I do the same thing!

      I started this challenge in hopes of helping myself (and others) get more organized :)

      Good luck and thank you for joining!

      Delete
  9. Oh, I have soooo many to read and am soooo behind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok I am aiming for a green star! Thanks for this fun challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Finding this a little late, but I think I have a good start so far. Joining in the fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Replying a little late :)

      So happy to have you! Thanks for joining in the fun!

      Delete
  12. I'm assuming the reviews we link are for that specific month, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tressa!
      Yes! Each month I will post a Monthly Link-Up where you can link up reviews that you posted during that month. The posts have the full instructions. Links are on my sidebar if you miss them. Right now you can post your March and April reviews.

      Please let me know if you have any other questions!

      Thanks for joining in!

      Delete
  13. Hello! I'm super new at NetGalley, and Tarah (a Reader Concierge) linked me here. This is super cool! I've just been approved to read two books and I want to be in this challenge. I hope to get a green star. I hope to make my first entry this month. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a late starter for this year, but looking forward to doing the Challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I did this challenge last year, and am looking forward to it this year. I'm aiming for a Green Star!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just found your blog! Im gonna sign up for the challenge later today! Love the idea! And I have some Netgalley books waiting on me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I signed up! Great challenge! Im going for green!

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)