Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Picture Book Review: Oh So Tiny Bunny written and illustrated by David Kirk


Reading Level: Picture Book
Publication Date: February 5th 2013
Format: ARC
Acquisition: Received for review

Summary:
During the day, Oh So Tiny Bunny is very, very small. But at night, he dreams of being big—as big as a dragon, or even a mountain! At first, that's fine, but then he feels lonely. There’s no one to share it with. Are there no other bunnies so big as him?
Every small child dreams of the day they will grow up to be big, but in this book David Kirk reminds us that sometimes . . . it’s not so bad being small.
(from Goodreads)

Overall Feelings:
One of the most adorable picture books I've ever read.

My Thoughts:
Guys? The bunny's name is Oh So! The cuteness scale on this one is off the charts!

My daughter ate this book up - we had to read it through about 4 times before she got tired of saying 'awwwww!' every time Oh So did something ridiculously adorable.

And Oh So? He's a friend I'd love to have. He has a dream about what it would be like to be big but in the end he realizes that being tiny isn't oh so very bad after all.

A great addition to any child's picture book collection. My 6 year old was able to read it herself but she much preferred having it read to her.

Excellent all around. I have a list of little ones I can't wait to buy this book for!

Rating:
5 / 5 Stars

David Kirk is the author / illustrator behind The Miss Spider series
My daughter loves the TV show based on this series so it's no wonder she also loved Oh So. David is a fantastic story teller and artist!


2 comments:

  1. Just seeing the cover of the book on my dash made me mentally go AWWWWW.

    Such a cute review. Thanks for bringing this book to my attention! I actually want to go find this & read it<3

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)