Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, April 2, 2012

NetGalley April Read-A-Thon!


Happy April everyone!

Do you have a backlog of NetGalley books just itching to be read?

and / or

Are you participating in my NetGalley 2012 Reading Challenge but haven't done a great job with the actual reading part of the challenge?
(and YES if you haven't already signed up you still can 
and ALL NetGalley books you read in 2012 can count towards your goal!)

How about a month long READ-A-THON!

From April 1, to April 30 I challenge you to read as many NetGalley books as you can.
I also challenge you to do some NetGalley account maintenance - post your reviews, email publishers, request new books  :)

It's easy and fun:

*Write up a post, tweet about it, announce it on Facebook, tell your mom - I don't care as long as you declare your participation somewhere / somehow

*Link it up your blog below! (or for non bloggers, your Goodreads account, Library / Bookstore web page - wherever you post your NetGalley reviews)

*READ!

I'll be checking in with you guys from time to time, there will be a Twitter chat (and maybe more then one), and I'll be posting NetGalley info and tips all month long!

So, who's with me?


10 comments:

  1. You know I'm there! I had completely forgotten about signing up and had just started my ambitious reading list for the month. Now I've made it official!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You described me exactly. I have a pile of Net Galley reads I am trying to get to and I haven't joined the 2012 challenge. You are motivating me to get going. I also have a blog which I have not kept up with lately. http://women4reading.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. dont know how to link up but i will do also tonight started yearly and not even done first week of feb and up to 38.
    on apr on 3 book http://readalot-rhonda1111.blogspot.com/2012/04/netgalley-april-readathon.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had completely forgotten in my thoughts about the Blog challeenge I'm taking part in this month. I am going to try and do both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Signed up. Now to meet my goal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Signed up- been reading-but not updating. I will try to do better for April!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woot! Just in time for my Spring Break. :) I need to work on those netgalley books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for always doing these! They're fantastic motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hm, I really should have discovered this at the beginning of April. I'm thinking I'll need to join in July for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been busy reading, but I've got to get back to my NetGalley queue. I brought back a quadzillion books from the PLA conference, and they're looming over me. But still, I've got some terrific books in my NetGalley list.
    And OOOH, I just finished one! ;)

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)