Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, April 23, 2012

Book Review: Bleeding Hearts (Drake Chronicles #4) by Alyxandra Harvey - Spoiler Free!

Reading Level: Young Adult
Publication Date: December 2011
Publisher: Bloomsbury / Walker Books
Pages: 347
Series: 4th in a series
Acquisition: NetGalley

Summary:
Goodreads Link

My thoughts:
I love this series! The Drake boys are always a treat to read. Told in the same fast passed way as the previous 3 books, Bleeding Hearts gives us the story of Drake brother number 4, twin Connor.

We get a few new characters, most notably, Lucy's cousin Christabel, along with some vampires who are a bit...different then the norm we have come to except.

One of the things I love about this series is the pace. From book 1 to book 4 only a few weeks? Maybe months have passed. It's this driving force forward that makes these books very hard to walk away from.

I really enjoyed reading about Connor, the 'nerd' of the family that everyone is so quick to make fun of. Lots of Lucy and Nicholas too! Sloange is there...but there is something going on with her…

And OMG! The ending! I was gasping! Book 5 I'm sure will start off with a bang and I can't wait!

Final verdict:
With ever Drake Chronicles book I have read I have fallen even more in love with the world Alyxandra has created. I highly recommend this series to fans of vampire YA stories. The Drake family both encompasses what I love most about vampires and is different enough as to not be boring or predictable. Every book has been a big win for me.

Overall Rating:
5 / 5 Stars


Books and short stories in The Drake Chronicles:
Corset and Crossbows short story e-novella
Lost Girls short story found in the US print copy of Bleeding Hearts
#1. Hearts at Stake
#2. Blood Feud
#3. Out For Blood
#3.5 A Killer First Date short story e-novella
#4. Bleeding Hearts
#4.5 A Field Guide to Vampires: Annotated by Lucy Hamilton short story e-novella
#5. Blood Moon (June 2012)

Linkage Love:
Author's website
IndieBound

No comments:

Post a Comment



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)