Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Picture Book Review: The Sneezy Wheezy Day by Sharon Cramer


The Sneezy Wheezy Day written and illustrated by Sharon Cramer
January 2012 from PR By The Book
Received from NetGalley for review
In The Sneezy Wheezy Day, brother cub isn’t feeling well. As he and sister cub seek help for his cold, they encounter many well-intentioned forest friends who offer silly home remedies. One friend even tells brother cub, “Tickle your nose with the tail of a goose and do it before the next blue moon rise!” Although the recommendations help, the final remedy is a sibling’s love. (from NetGalley)

My Thoughts:
A little bit on the strange side but I think the off beat rhyming at something to do with my feelings. The Sneezy Wheezy Day is about 2 cougar cubs, a brother and sister who spend the day trying to find a cure for brother cougar's cold. In the end, all he really needed was his sister.

Really a very sweet story that I think children with siblings would really enjoy. My little one (who is 5) is an only child but she still thought the cubs were really cute. We read it several times through in one sitting :)

The illustrations were very bright and vivid and I think little kids will really enjoy the different animals the cougar cubs meet along their way.

3 / 5 Stars


1 comment:



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)