Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Short Story Review: Beasts and BFFs by Shannon Delany

E-novella / Short Story
13 to Life #0.5
December 2010 from St. Martin's Griffin

Synopsis:
Meet Jessie Gillmansen as she realizes that things might not be what they seem in the town of Junction. (from Goodreads)

My Thoughts:
This prequel to 13 Years to Life was about 12 pages long. I have to wonder if it was originally chapter one before edits. It had that feel. A short introduction to Jessie and her friends. We also get a brief glimpse into the strangeness to come. Actually, I think it works better as a first chapter then the actual first chapter of 13 Years to Life, which I didn't much care for.

A free ebook download worth the 10 minutes or so it would take to read, if you are a fan of the series. If you haven't read 13 Years to Life, this prequel won't really do much for you. And if the publisher ever ups the price to anything other then $0, I wouldn't recommend purchasing it.

Extras? no

Will I continue the series? I actually read book 1 before I read this short story. I didn't love it and I haven't continued with the series. I would be curious to hear from others that have!

Worth the price? For $0? If you're a fan then yeah. If you're not then in my opinion it's a waste of time to download and read.


No comments:

Post a Comment



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)