Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, May 21, 2012

Weekend book haul thanks to a couple of great friends!

I spent the day yesterday with Nikki (from Wicked Awesome Books) and Danielle (from Frenzy of Noise). We talked, we ate, we psyched ourselves up for BEA, we SHOPPED! And of course, I walked away from the day with a nice little pile of books :)


I bought:
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente -- pretty sure she is signing book 2 at BEA and I've wanted to read this one for a long time

Partners in Crime (Sleuth or Dare #1) by Kim Harrington -- first book in Kim's MG series!

The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross -- read the prequel to this series and I was hooked!

Across the Universe by Beth Revis -- had to buy the paperback after Nikki told me that my name was in a special 'thank you' section in the back :)

From Nikki and Danielle:
Wander Dust by Michelle Warren -- won this from Nikki (got some cool swag too :)

Harbinger by Sara Wilson Etienne -- borrowing this one from....I forgot who but it's mine for the time being - mwahahaha!

Auracle by Gina Rosati -- this one comes out in August and I have it on good authority that it's awesome - Danielle also gave me some swag :)

Vesper by Jeff Sampson -- been wanting to read this one for a while :)

Aren't my friends the best!?

3 comments:

  1. I am jealous! Not only of the books, but of having friends who blog/read like you do who you can actually hang out with in real life! Enjoy your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland is so ridiculously good and whimsical, I hope you fall head over heels for it!

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)