Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, May 5, 2012

On My Reader (12) - May 5, 2012



On My Reader posts are were I highlight recent ebooks I've added to my digital collection :)

For Review from NetGalley:

Scars by Cheryl Rainfield
March 2010 from WestSide Books
Why? An intense read that has won a lot of rewards. I put this one on my wishlist when it first came out but never got the chance to read it. Looking forward to it now.

Bought:
I went a little crazy with the chapter samplers! I figure it's a good way to see how I feel about a book without committing to the entire thing - right? I'm hoping to be able to either add or delete some books from my wishlist.

The Last Princess - Free Preview by Galaxy Craze
The first 9 chapters

I Hunt Killers - Free Preview by Barry Lyga
The first 10 chapters PLUS Career Day, a bonus prequel short short


Pitch Dark: Dark Days of Winter Teen Sampler
Sneak peeks of: Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi, Incarnate by Jodi Meadows, Bewitching by Alex Flinn, Wings of the Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulton, Balthazar by Claudia Gray and Slide by Jill Hathaway from HarperCollins

Pitch Dark: Even Darker Days of Winter Teen Sampler
Sneak peeks of: Magic of the Moonlight by Ellen Schreiber, Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi, Hallowed by Cynthia Hand, Everneath by Brodi Ashton, Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver and The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting from HarperCollins


Pitch Dark: Dark Days of Summer Sampler
Sneak peeks of: Destined by Aprilynne Pike, Insignia by S.J. Kincaid, Insurgent by Veronica Roth, Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin, Partials by Dan Wells, and Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris from HarperCollins

Epic Reads Book Club Sampler
Sneak peeks of: Fall from Grace by Charles Benoit, The Lost Code by Kevin Emerson, Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard, Thumped by Megan McCafferty, Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson, and A Want So Wicked by Suzanne Young from HarperCollins

OK! I think that's enough for me for now!
What's on your readers?

3 comments:

  1. Eeeeeeep I got Last Princess as well!!! I'm definitely excited for it :D Fantastic haul this week!!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Hunt Killers is on my list...going to get free preview now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Most of the samples I download seem to be only one chapter, so cool that you found some with 9-10 chapters! Scars looks intense, so will keep an eye out for your review. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)