Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Short Story Review: Dream Dark by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

E-novella / Short Story
Caster Chronicles #2.5
August 2011 from Little Brown Books

Synopsis:
When Link joined his best friend, Ethan Wate, on a quest through a mysterious network of underground passageways endlessly crisscrossing the South, he knew the journey would be dangerous. But returning home to Gatlin, South Carolina was just the beginning...
Wounded during a climactic battle, Link discovers that tending his injuries won't be as simple as visiting a doctor and that healing his arm should be the least of his worries. For being bitten by a Supernatural does more than break the skin -- it changes a person, inside and out, turning Link into someone more and more like the dark creature who injured him. (from Goodreads)

My Thoughts: An glimpse into the life of Link after the events of Beautiful Darkness. A very worthwhile read for fans of the Caster Chronicles. I really have to say though, it's a bit of a spoiler for book 3. We learn something that doesn't come to light until well into Beautiful Choas and while reading book 3 I kept forgetting this fact hadn't been found out yet.

Still, I really enjoyed the story and I think it's a must read for fans of the series.

Extras? Yes - contains the first 5 chapters to book 3, Beautiful Chaos

Will I continue the series? Defiantly!

Worth the price? I paid $1.99, which is the current price and I would have to say, yes, if you're a fan of this series, this short story is very much worth the price.

1 comment:

  1. Another series that I really need to start...there just sin't enough time!!

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)