Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Short Story Review: Portrait of a Starter: An Unhidden Story by Lissa Price

E-novella / Short Story
Starters #0.5
February 2012 from Random House / Delacorte

Synopsis:
See how it all starts for Callie and Michael in Portrait of a Starter, an exclusive ebook original short story by debut author Lissa Price. Published one month before her novel, STARTERS, went on sale, the ebook is a perfect entryway into the world of STARTERS, and a must-read for fans who've already read the novel. (from Goodreads)



My Thoughts:
While this very short, short story did get me excited to read Starters, I really don't think the 11 pages added up to very much. Do you need to read this in order to fully appreciate book 1? I don't think so. Hardly anything happens - not even a chapter's worth of information about the character or setting so I can't imagine it being terribly important to the series overall.

I was actually pretty disappointed in this short story. The cynic in me can't help but think that charging so much for so little is just greedy.

I'll still be reading Starters but all in all, I wish I hadn't spend my money on this one.

Extras? No

Will I continue the series? Yes

Worth the price? Not in my opinion



1 comment:

  1. I haven't read any of the shorts, but I have read Starters and really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)