Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Picture Book Reviews: Up Dog and Up Cat by Hazel Hutchins

2 really cute and fun books for young readers from Annick Press
Written by Hazel Hutchins, illustrated by Fanny

Up Dog 
My little one really liked this book as she was able to read most of the words herself. She did a really good job with sounding out the ones she wasn't sure of. The repetition of the words really helped!
Up Dog is a really cute story about a silly puppy. My daughter thought it was really funny how the puppy got so dirty and made such a mess that his owner had to do all the clean 'ups'. The last page was her favorite because the puppy got lots of snuggles!

Up Cat
Lot of cute cat antics in this one. Simple words used in simple sentences made reading this one with my 5 years old fun and educational too. She was able to read a lot of the words herself - the perfect book for little readers in my opinion. We both really liked how the puppy from Up Dog made an appearance on one of the pages of Up Cat.


Received both for review from NetGalley


1 comment:



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)