Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Spoiler Free Review: Beautiful Dead: Arizona by Eden Maguire

*Spoiler Free reviews are reviews of 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) books in a series 
with no fear of spoilers!*

Age: 14+
Publication Date: October 2010 (reprint)
Pages: 288
Series: 2nd in a series
Acquisition: received an ARC from the publisher

Summary:
Goodreads Link

Quick thoughts:
Very much like the first book. Starts pretty much were book 1 leaves off so I didn't feel like I was missing anything.

Likes:
Darina is still the same, still trying to convince the people in her life that there isn't anything wrong with her. I love being in her head. I love how dedicated she is to helping the Beautiful Dead and how crazy her life is.

We get a little more back story on the BD overlord, Hunter which I really enjoyed. We also get Arizona's complete story. I didn't much like her in the first book but after seeing how her life really was and how her death really happened - I had a change of heart.

Dislikes:
A little too much like the first book maybe. The same scenarios are played out, the same tensions and strife between characters are there. It was a little slow going for me in the beginning.

Final thoughts:
After reading book 1, I knew I needed to finish out this series. I very much enjoyed Arizona's tale and I can't wait for the next.

Overall Rating:
4 / 5 Stars

The Beautiful Dead Series
1. Jonas
2. Arizona
3. Summer
4. Phoenix




Linkage Love:
Sourcebooks
Goodreads

1 comment:



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)