Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, October 30, 2010

In My Mailbox - October 30, 2010

In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren :)

A few good ones this week!

For Review from the author:
The Sapphire Talisman (Talisman Series Book 2) by Brenda Pandos
I've read the first book, The Emerald Talisman and really liked it. Review to post soon. Can't wait to start on this one.
(from Goodreads)
With the local vampire coven decimated, Julia and Nicholas try to begin a somewhat normal life together. Bound by secrecy from a shape shifter determined to see Julia’s world-saving prediction come to fruition, Julia isn’t allowed to tell Nicholas the leader survived, ransacking her happiness with guilt. When Alora returns, bent on revenge, the reunion forces Nicholas and Julia to choose what they are willing to live and die for.

For Review from publicist:
The Adventures of Ook and Gluk, Kung-Fu Cavemen from the Future by George Beard and Harold Hutchins
(from Goodreads)
In this all-new graphic novel, George Beard and Harold Hutchins present the sensational saga of two silly cave boys named Ook and Gluk. Ook and Gluk have a pretty awesome life growing up together in Caveland, Ohio, in 500,001 BC-even though they are always getting in trouble with their nasty leader, Big Chief Goppernopper. But Ook and Gluk's idyllic life takes a turn for the terrible when an evil corporation from the future invades their quiet, prehistoric town. When Ook, Gluk, and their little dinosaur pal, Lily, are pulled through a time portal to the year 2222 AD, they discover that the world of the future is even worse than the devastated one they came from. Fortunately, they find a friend in Master Wong, a martial arts instructor who trains them in the ways of kung fu, so that they may one day return home and make things right again. And, like the other Captain Underpants books,The Adventures of Ook and Gluk, Kung-Fu Cavemen from the Future features the world's cheesiest animation technology;Flip-O-Rama, in every chapter

**A big thank you to Brenda Pandos and Big Honcho Media***

1 comment:

  1. I really need to read Brenda's series... I've been wanting to but my TBR pile keeps getting in the way, lol. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the first book :) And oooh, graphic novel. I haven't picked up one of those in months! Great IMM this week<3

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)