Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, June 6, 2010

In My Mailbox - June 6, 2010


In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren :)

This week I got....NOTHING! WOO HOO!!
Why am I so happy for an empty mailbox? This is why:

I finally finished organizing 1 bookcase with some of my more recent unread books. Mostly new releases, second in a series, and books for review. Oh, and it's two books deep. For each book you see, there is another one behind it you cannot see. Oh, and notice how I said 1 bookcase? There are 10 others in the house. Books are everywhere and I love it!! hehe

So, no new books to showcase this week but I did do some exciting things. Check out my pages! (points above). See those links under the header? Been meaning to do that forever!

Another exciting thing I've been working on is setting up some posts for some guest reviews. From who, you ask? My wonderful sister, mother and boyfriend. I love sharing books with them (oh, and believe me, they have a ton of their own!) so I thought it would be fun to ask them to submit reviews of books they have read.

My sister is 14 and loves to read as much as I do. I'm looking forward to seeing what she has to say - being in the age bracket most YA books are written for.
My mother has been reading her whole life and is a much better writer then I am. Her reviews, I'm sure, will be supper enjoyable.
My boyfriend shares my taste in books and he and I sometimes have different opinions on the same book which I think will be interesting to see.

I'm in the process of thinking of nifty pseudonyms for them all - what fun! Ooo maybe even some cute icons too.

Sorry for the off topic post :)

What did you guys get in your mailbox?

7 comments:

  1. I hear ya on having so many books! I'm reorganizing a bit today and hoping I can squeeze everything onto one of the 6 bookshelves that are mine. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shelves! I have so much fun organizing my books. Wow, I think you have about 90% of my current wishlist on there! You lucky girl! Halo!! Siren!! Beautiful Darkness!! Guardian at the Gate!! *drool* *swoon* :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some seriously lovely shelves! I shall be examining their contents one by one...!

    Also, even though I have yet to read Beautiful Creatures, I am LOVING how lovely the sequel looks next to it. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing pictures of people's bookshelves. It looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE how you organized your bookshelf Em! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on finally organizing your bookshelves! Doesn't it feel great? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing people's shelves too! It's so fun to spot the books I haven't read yet or the books that I HAVE read-like Siren! I think I might've told you already but that was really good. Aww, how cute! Those guest posts sound like a lot of fun-and how awesome that you're including family! I didn't get any books this week but that's okay because i need to get through my bea stash first ;)

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)