Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Book Review: Angel Star by Jennifer Murgia


Title: Angel Star
Author: Jennifer Murgia
Publication Date: May 2010
Genre: Young Adult
Tags: angels, romance, good and evil
Age: 13+
Pages: 256
Series: 1st in a series
Book Acquisition: ARC from Other Shelf Tours

My Rating: 5/5/ stars

(from Goodreads)
Seventeen-year-old Teagan McNeel falls for captivating Garreth Adams and soon discovers that her crush has an eight-point star etched into the palm of his right hand-the mark of an angel.
But where there is light, dark follows, and she and Garreth suddenly find themselves vulnerable to a dark angel's malicious plan that could threaten not only her life, but the lives of everyone she knows, and now, she is torn between one angel's sacrifice and another angel's vicious ambition.
Divinely woven together, Angel Star takes readers on a reflective journey when one angel's sacrifice collides with another angel's vicious ambition in a way that is sure to have readers searching for their own willpower. 

My Review:
Pretty much loved every word on every page. Yeah, that's all that needs to be said :)

I've had a thing for angels ever since reading Sharon Shinn's adult Sameria Series. I love the idea of fallen angels, good and bad angels, angels who fall in love with humans...they make me swoon. So, let me tell you, I did a whole lot of swooning while reading Angel Star.

One of the things I liked most was the characters. They were so likable. Even the bad one...ok....maybe especially the bad one ;)

I was worried that the romance would turn me off - romance in YA book have been doing that lately. I had no reason to worry. The romance in Angel Star was so sweet, so genuine.

I'm not going to give anything away but there was one thing that happened that did not make me smile at all. It was actually pretty upsetting. I have to say, I was a little mad for a while. But, after reading the entire book, I understood why it happened. It needed to. The gravity of the situation had to be brought home. The fact that all angels aren't good needed to be shown. I don't think Teagan would have been able to get through everything that happened if this one thing didn't happen first. Heartbreaking, yes but necessary. Just one more way Jennifer played with my heart - and I'm glad she did!

I highly recommend this book to fans of angels and paranormal teen fiction. I really can not wait to see what happens in Lemniscate!

Books in the Series:
Angel Star (May 2010)
Lemniscate (Spring 2011)

Linkage Love:
Lands Atlantic Publishing
Author's Website

3 comments:

  1. I'm having a similar problem with YA romance these days ;)

    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you loved it! I've been reading a lot of mixed reviews lately but I'm still going to give this one a try...because the concept of fallen angels? Hawt! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved the book and I thought it was amazing. I like the fact that Hadrian is the twin brother of Lucifer, I never expected that, and I thought it was very interesting. Also, I really like the thought that we are all being watched over by are own guardian angel.

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)