Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Can you tell me? ANSWERS

Last week I asked:

Can you tell me...in Twitter, how can I shorten my links? I've seen tweets with truncated links but have no idea how to do it myself.

I got some great answers from some great people. I was assuming there was some function of Twitter I was missing, I never considered using an outside source for link shortening. The most popular recommendation was for bit.ly. Two others mentioned were TinyURL and HootSuite. They all work basically the same way - you imput a link and it will spit out a shortened version for you.

I couldn't figure out HootSuite - it does much more then shorten links and I think you have to create a user name and password. I did try out bit.ly and TinyURL though. I started with the link for my lastest review for The Gardener:

http://redhousebooks.blogspot.com/2010/06/book-review-gardener-by-sa-bodeen.html

Here is what each site shortened it to:

bit.ly -- http://bit.ly/bxG7fH

TinyURL -- http://tinyurl.com/2fh593y

Isn't that cool? How did I not know of this?
A big thank you to everyone who answered! You guys are the best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)