Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, May 9, 2011

NetGalley April - Totals and WINNERS!


It's time to pick some winners!

I didn't ask for contact info when everyone signed up SO! If I can't find a way to get in touch with you, it's up to you to get back to me! I'm sure I'll be able to tack you 3 down BUT if I can't I'll have to pick new winners :(

Ok - onto the WINNERS!
A BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO:

Stella  from Ex Libris


Lisa from Baffled Books

You have each won $15 worth of books from The Book Depository!
If you see this post before I find you, please email me at WilowRaven[at]yahoo[dot]com with your book choices and shipping address.

I had originally stated that 1 winner would be receiving a few books from ReaganStar who generously offered to donate to the prize pile but do to a mix up by me, I've changed the third prize to be another $15 to the BD. Thank you again ReganStar and so so sorry for my lack of organization!

********************************************************************
NetGalley April Reading Stats

A total of 68 people signed up to participate (67 plus me - duh ;) and I heard back from 37 of you with your lists of books read.

I had so much fun tallying everything up :)

TOP 4 MOST READ BOOKS FOR NETGALLY APRIL
With 4 readers: Sleeping Beauty Vampire Slayer by Maureen McGowan
With 5 readers: Bumped by Megan McCafferty
With 6 readers: Die For Me by Amy Plum
AND WITH 10 readers: The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

The following titles were each read by 3 people:
The Vespertine, The Restorer, The Girl's Guide to Homelessness, Rage, In The Arms of Stone Angels, Hereafter

The following titles were each read by 2 people:
Those That Wake, The Twisted Tale of Stormy Gale, The Lipstick Laws, The Girl In The Steel Corset, Starcrossed, Savannah Grey, Photographs and Phantoms, Mercy, Invisible Inkling, Hotel Angeline, Here Lies Bridget, Cinderella Ninja Warrior, Bite Me  Try Me Fang Me, Between Two Ends, This Girl is Different

The following titles were each read by 1 person:
A Marriage of Inconvenience, A Tale of Two Castles, Abbot Awaits, Aliens on Vacation, Angel Burn, Angelfire, Ascension, Ashfall, Blood of the Maple, Born of Shadows, Camera Obscura, Casketball Capers, Clean, Dead is Not an Option, Deep Trouble, Evangeline, Forever Vampire, Friendly Fire, Frost Moon, Girl Wonder, Growing Up Amish, Hunting Human, Jane Austen: A Life Revealed, Kiss of Darkness, Lost in the River of Grass, Mermaid Mysteries, My One and Only, No More Mr Nice Guy, Of Dukes and Deceptions, One Night is Never Enough, Paradise Lust, Plan B, Putting Makeup on Dead People, Shine, South of Salem, Steam and Sorcery, The Betrayal of Maggie Blair, The Cellar, The Coffins of Little Hope. The Complete Guide to Walt Disney World, The Dark Enquiry, The Debutante's Dilemma, The Diva Doctrine, The Fallen Blade, The Gray Wolf Throne, The Guardians of the Hidden Scepter, The Internet is a Playground, The Magnolia League, The Misadventures of a Teenage Rockstar, The Mis-Adventures of Phillip Isaac Penn, The Perilous Prophecy of Guards and Goddess, The Vampire Dimitri, The Vampire Voss, Theories of Flight, Ultraviolet, Unearthly, What I Did for a Duke, When You Dare, Where She Went, Wherever You Go, Wolf Camp

So! If I did my math right that gives us grand totals of:
134 copies of 86 NetGalley books read!

You guys - THAT IS AWESOME!!
And remember, I didn't hear back from everyone who signed up so I'm sure the actual numbers are much higher!

I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. And no worries, if you weren't able to participate or if you did but fell short of your goals, I'll be hosting another NetGalley reading month in July!

Thanks again everyone! Happy Reading to all!

10 comments:

  1. Cool! Glad to hear that NetGalley April was a success. Bummed that I couldn't join this April, hopefully next time I loved reading the stats. It's interesting to know what titles were most popular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily,

    On behalf of the entire NetGalley team, thanks so much for this. You did a masterful job organizing and managing this endeavor. And, I'd also like to thank all of the people who participated!

    Great Job! (I especially love the statistics)

    Fran Toolan
    President, NetGalley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congrats to the winners! So many great books were read. I am looking forward to the NetGalley July! Thanks for hosting this Emily. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Those are some great stats! Thanks for hosting this. I'm looking forward to the July event!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to the winners! You did a great job Emily thank you. I'll be back in July!
    Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such amazing stats! Just makes me more excited for Netgalley July!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome job. I read The Debutante's Delimma, Compromising Charis, With a Twist and Laird of Darkness all most month. I should've participated.

    I've also read some of the other books in the past. I love NetGalley and will definitely be watching for your July challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for compiling the stats! They are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! Yay!!! :D Thanks so much! Even though I didn't get through many... ok, 1, I still had a blast trying. I'll definitely be back for July! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, these numbers are great! (thanks for compiling them Emily I enjoyed seeing how we all did :-D)

    And yay, so glad I was one of the lucky winners! Will reply to your e-mail now! :-)

    And thanks again for organizing NetGalley April, ever since I've been on a roll and have read even more NG books since, so glad :-) Can't wait for NetGalley July! :-D yay! :-))

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)