Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Read-A-Thon Activity #2: Review-A-Thon


Welcome!
Today I will be your host for activity #2 in the Clear Away the Clutter Read-A-Thon - a week long extravaganza hosted by the wonderful Kate of The Neverending Shelf.

I present to you: Review-A-Thon!

I don't know about you but I have a bunch of books that I would love to post reviews for - or at least get reviews started! 

I was thinking, what could I do during this wonderful Clear Away the Clutter Read-A-Thon week to help with this growing problem? Review-A-Thon was born and I would love for you guys to participate.
 
Just like the Read-A-Thon was meant to help make a dent in our massive TBR piles, this activity is here to help encourage you to work on getting your reviews in order.

Sign up below with your Review-A-Thon post and you could win a copy of Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins! There are other great prizes you can win as well - head over to The Neverending Shelf for all the details!

This activity really could be what you make of it. I'm going to make a massive list of all the books I want to post reviews for. I'm hoping to get a chunk of these reviews done - scheduling as many as I can out over the next couple of weeks. The others, I'm hoping to at least get started.

So what do you think guys? Are you up for the challenge(s)

Happy Reading and Reviewing Guys!

(p.s. - my first time using Mr. Linky so please let me know if it's not working!)

11 comments:

  1. ahhh does it still count if you do this already? I mean I automatically create a post for each review book, or book I want to review even before I read it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the answer is yes if you post reviews as you go because that's what I do at my high school library so that the students see the reviews as soon as I have finished the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only problem with this is how do we review books AND get reading done? I guess I could post reviews when I need a break from reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. UGH I am SOO bad at this - I have SOO many reviews I need to post! ACK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do pretty good at keep up with posting reviews, I'm only 1 or 2 behind right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Jenn, I have a ton to do. I usually do them right after reading, but its been a boring week, so i havnt done it. Doesnt make sense I no.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm pretty good at keeping up, but there are a few reviews I haven't yet got around to. Great idea for keeping on track =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the challenge - I feel so productive today with all the reading and now with the posts just about ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think giving yourself permission to post short reviews or mini reviews is a good way to push past the fear of having too many. Better to write short reviews than no reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am totally going to do reviewathon tomorrow, as I want to take a short break from reading to prep for the 24 hour readathon!

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)