Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

ALA Mid Winter - quick recap

Hey guys!

I'm back from ALA Mid Winter and I'm still totally drained! Not seeing the sun for a full 3 days probably wasn't a good idea ;)

The conference was awesome - I presented (for my co-worker) and didn't faint or throw up (go me!)
I saw my OTSP Secret Sister!
I got to hang out with blogger friends I haven't seen in ages!
Some friends from the area came by for drinks, food, and hilarity!
And...I got a lot of books.

I've been to 4 BEAs and I gotta say, ALA is a much calmer affair. With sessions to go to and work stuffs to get done, I didn't spend all my time on the exhibit floor. The time I did spend there though, was fabulous.

All of the publishers, authors, vendors - they were all so fantastic!

And all those books? Lots for me personally that I can't wait to review, some for my library co-workers who didn't attend, a few for my daughter (who has read through 4 already!) and a bunch more that will go to my local YA librarian.

In total, I walked away with a little under 100 and it could have been much much more.

I'm gonna post again with the details because for real life, a lot of these books NEED to be on your wishlists!

But for now, here are some pics courtesy of my Instagram


A photo posted by Emily De Maria (@wilowraven) on

A photo posted by Emily De Maria (@wilowraven) on

No comments:

Post a Comment



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)