Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, February 11, 2012

In My Mailbox - February 11, 2012

In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren :)

I did pretty well buying books this week...until my order from my local indie came in today! Oops ;)



Bought from my local indie bookstore
Why We Broke Upby Daniel Handler and Maira Kalman
Why?It's autographed and I love Daniel Handler (aka Lemony Snicket) and it has pictures! If you see this one, pick it up - it's one of those books that feels really good in your hands. (don't look at my like that, I know you know what I'm talking about ;)

Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire #2)by Courtney Allison Moulton
Why? Loved Angelfireand I've heard that this one is even better.

Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder
Why? I read this one via NetGalley and fell in love with the story. I thought it was YA but apparently it's not. Really a book for all ages though.

Bloodborn (Other #2) by Karen Kincy
Why? Really loved Other and was curious as to what new characters this companion novel has to offer.

PaperBackSwap
Switched by Amanda Hocking
Why? I've heard nothing but good things and I'm pretty fascinated by Amanda's publishing history. Can't wait to see how I feel about this one!

For Review
Master of the Veil by Daniel A. Cohen ARC
Why? I met Daniel at BEA last year and I've been looking forward to this book ever since. Spencer Hill Press is a fabulous publisher!

The Onyx Talisman (Talisman #3) by Brenda Pandos
Why? Participating in a tour for this one and I love Brenda ;) 


So, what's in your mailbox?

10 comments:

  1. Wings of the Wicked sounds so good. I really must get a copy so that I can see what will happen next.

    Great haul this week. Happy reading. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. Always like to see the mailboxes. Great haul. Come check out my haul this week over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Touch of Power was a really great book. And I also read it from NetGalley. My first read from Maria Snyder and now I'll have to pick other books from her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay so now I want Why We Broke Up. A book by Lemony Snicket! Score!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have to read Touch of Power, it sounds so good! ;)

    http://notjustnonsense.blogspot.com/2012/02/in-my-mailbox-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo! I still need to order Touch Of Power. That book looks awesome. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great books! haven't read any of them yet but Swicthed is on my short list!

    Here's My IMM this week!

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love reading your "Why?" section for each of these books. Makes me think I should pick up some of them for myself :-)

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)