Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, July 17, 2009

Book Review: Skeleton Creek by Patrick Carman

Something mysterious is happening in Skeleton Creek. Something scary. Something Sinister.
Ryan came close to it...and nearly died. Now he's trapped in his house. He can't trust anyone - not even himself.
He is forbidden from seeing his best friend, Sarah. So while Ryan is isolated and alone, she plunges back into the mystery, putting her life on the line to get to the truth.
Ryan is desperately trying to write down the full story. And while he does, Sarah takes videos of what she finds, then sends him the links so he can watch.
Together, they discover: The past is dangerous. The present is haunted. And the future is deadly.
Welcome to SKELETON CREEK
Read it. Watch it. Live it.
(back cover)

This book is awesome. This has to be a first. Part written book, part online video content. The book itself reads like a journal. Ryan's journal. He shouldn't be writing, but he can't help it. His best friend Sarah should have left well enough alone after Ryan's accident but she can't stop filming. As Ryan and Sarah communicate via email and Sarah's video postings, it's easy to get caught up in their narrative. Some of the videos are downright scary! And the ending? Ah! I so need to know what happens next! Don't worry though, Carmen has written a sequel : )
I have yet to be disappointed by Carmen and Skeleton Creek is no exception. The story will drag you in - to places you might not want to go - but trust me, you'll be happy you did.
Highly recommended. 5 stars.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds so cool, online and a book. Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was awesome. =)

    I can't wait to read the sequel~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard about this book and it seems so awesome! And I agree with you, I've never heard anything like it before. You definitely gotta give the author kudos for originality. I can't wait to read/watch this one. :P

    ~Briana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, part written, part online. That sounds interesting. I will be checking this one out.

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)