Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, July 26, 2009

In My Mailbox - July 26th


In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren :)

My first mailbox post! Woo hoo!
Got some Mooch books, a borrowed book and couldn't resist buying some this week:

From BookMooch:
  • Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Lavine -- I have wanted to read this book for a while now
  • Silver On A Tree by Susan Cooper -- I think I have all the Dark is Rising books now
  • Dragonflight by Anne Mccaffrey -- my first Mccaffrey book to read
  • Mirror Mirror by Gregory Maguire - if you haven't read anything by Maguire - do it now!
  • The Ghost Belonged to Me by Richard Peck -- one of my favorite youth authors
Borrowed:
  • Ghostgirl by Tonya Hurley -- already read this one - my review is right below this post
Bought:
  • Memories of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin -- came across this one in Lost in a Book's Mailbox last week and it sounded so good I got myself one :) A few chapters in and I'm loving it so far
  • Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow -- I can thank The Book Explorer for my purchase of this one :)
  • Hawkes Harbor by S.E. Hinton -- total impulse buy as I was just about to walk out of the book store. I'll let you know how it is as soon as I read it.

10 comments:

  1. great job! and what an awesome week for books you had! so many great titles! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read Strange Angels! I think I'll be buying it on my next bookstore trip. :)

    Fun week in books for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books! Lots of paranormal - me like! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul this week! I've got Strange Angels, but haven't had time to read it yet (my book pile grows too fast). Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac and I got Strange Angels too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just got "Strange Angels" from the library this week and I can't wait to read it. Great first IMM, welcome!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun with all your new books!! Welcome to IMM!!!

    http://booknerdextraordinaire.blogspot.com/2009/07/in-my-mailbox-38.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great books you got this week. Hope you enjoy reading them all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to IMM! Great books this week. I totally agree with you, Gregory Maguire rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know I'm totally late on this, but Hawkes Harbor is excellent. I love S.E. Hinton. You should check out her other novels, as well.

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)