Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Spoiler Free Review: Radiant Shadows by Melissa Marr

*Spoiler Free reviews are reviews of 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) books in a series with no fear of spoilers!*

Title: Radiant Shadows
Author: Melissa Marr
Publication Date: April 2010
Tags: faeries, magic, romance, fantasy
Age: 12+
Pages: 352
Series: 4th in the Wicked Lovely Series
Book Acquisition: ARC from Around the World Tours

My Rating: 5/5 Stars

Goodreads Description

My Review:
Dear Melissa Marr, please never stop writing. More Wicked Lovely books please. Thank you!

Seriously though - it's true. I really hope Marr never stops writing about the wonderful world she has created with her Wicked Lovely series. I'm hooked. I'm a huge fan and I'm not afraid to scream it from the roof tops!

I LOVE WICKED LOVELY!

And you should too :)

Radiant Shadows is the 4th installment to date. I have to say, when I first read the description, I was a little disappointed. I thought for sure we would be getting more of the Seth / Ash / Keenan storyline. I really didn't have anything to worry about though because what we do get is wonderful. More back story, more fantasy -oh, and yeah -- more Devlin - remember him!? I loved every word of this book.

We meet up with a lot of characters we have seen in the past including Sorcha, Seth, Gabriel, Rabbit and Bananach. Also Niall and Irial and I have to say, I was very intrigued by the way their friendship is portrayed.

Much more passion in this one, I think. It felt very real and not forced. It kept me turning the pages. But at the same time, there are so many other elements in play. The entire story was rich with fantasy.

I have no idea what Marr has planned next but I can't wait! If you're a fan of the series, I think you will really like this one. If you haven't read the Wicked Lovely series I would highly recommend it to fans of really good faery fantasy.

The Wicked Lovely Series:
Wicked Lovely (May 2007)
Ink Exchange (May 2008)
  Stopping Time - short story ebook (April 2010)
Fragile Eternity (April 2009)
Radiant Shadows (April 2010)

Linkage Love:
Harper Collins
Author's Website

Tidbits:
*The short story Stopping Time follows the events of Ink Exchange. It is available as an ebook from the publisher.

Other Reviews:
Around the World tours review page

4 comments:

  1. I have Wicked Lovely and haven't read it yet but it looks lovely. It looks like she continued the series is a really good fashion :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, awesome, awesome. I've heard many great things about this series but I don't normally touch the fantasy genre. I guess I should, though!

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)