Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, May 1, 2010

In My Mailbox - May 1, 2010

In My Mailbox is hosted by The Store Siren :)

Only a few this week, but I'm really excited about them!
Happy May everyone!

From Traveling ARC Tours
Perchance to Dream (Theatre Illuminata #2) by Lisa Mantchev
click link above for Goodreads page ***description does contain spoilers so only read if you have read Eyes Like Stars***

I'm reading this one now (almost done) and I'm liking it so far. A little weird for me and I'm not sure how I feel about some of the characters....review soon!

From the author for review:
The Julian Game by Adele Griffin
Can't wait to start reading this one - than you so much Adele!!
(from Goodreads)
New girl Raye Archer is desperate for a way into the In crowd, so when ice-queen Ella Parker chooses her to get back at her ex, the gorgeous Julian Kilgarry, Raye is more than game. Even if it means creating a fake Facebook identity as “Elizabeth” so that she can learn enough about Julian to sabotage him. While a fun and dangerous thrill at first, what Raye hadn’t counted on was falling for Julian herself—and igniting Ella’s rage.
As Raye works to reconcile the temptress Elizabeth with her real-life self, Ella serves up her own revenge. Now it’s Raye who falls victim, as Ella creates an online smear campaign of nasty rumors and trashy photographs. Suddenly notorious, Raye has to find a way out of the web of deceit that she’s helped to build, and back to the relationships that matter.
Adele Griffin’s riveting novel explores the issues of generation Facebook: the desire to be someone else, real versus online friends, and the pitfalls and fallouts of posting your personal life online for all the world to judge.

So, what's in your mailbox?

4 comments:

  1. The Julian Game sounds very good. I can't wait to read your review of that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I see the cover of The Julian Game, I have the urge to die my hair blue. lol. Anyway along with the great cover it has, it also looks amazing, so I hope you enjoy it. I'll be looking forward to seeing your review on it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received 2 this week: Lay the Favorite a memoir of gambling and Demon Keepers by Jessica Andersen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of The Julian Game it sounds very interesting. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)