Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, August 15, 2016

Quick Review: All the Truth That's in Me by Julie Berry


Publication: September 2013 by Viking Books for Young Readers
Acquisition: read an ARC won in a giveaway

Goodreads

5 / 5 Stars


This one sat on my shelf for a long time before I read it. It fell into the "judge and dismiss by it's cover without remembering why I have it or looking up what it was actually about to realize I really did want to read it"...hole

This is totally a real thing.

Once I got over my wrongness and actually started reading - I seriously couldn't put it down.

Mystery, historical, coming of age, romance that packs a punch. Every element was spot on and even when I thought I knew what I was going on, I was still hooked into the story.

I was wrong btw - about what I thought was going on. I was very very wrong and it was pretty fantastic when I found out how wrong I was.

Also - 2nd person point of view. I love this.

YA historical fiction fans would love this book! Especially if you also like a really good mystery and stellar character development!

2 comments:



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)