Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, September 20, 2010

Speak Loudly

I disagree with everything Wesley Scroggins has said. Do you? 

Read his words here:

It's really hard for me to say much more then that. 

Scroggins doesn't care that we all think. He doesn't want to hear about how Speak has actually helped young people in this world and it makes me sad. There are others like him out there. Others who feel that their beliefs and their way of life are the only ways. It makes me sad because people like Scroggins can't see through others eyes. They won't listen and they won't try to understand because their beliefs blind them. 

I don't often speak about my beliefs here, and times such as this, when I do, I find it hard to say exactly what it is I'm thinking. It's almost unbelievable that we have come so far as human beings, yet such intolerance, ignorance and hatred still exists. 

I know I'm only one voice of many out there speaking loudly and I thank you for listening.

If you feel the same as I do, support books like Speak, support authors who write about important REAL issues, support banned books, and above all, support your loved ones. Teach understanding, teach love and never use your God, gods, goddesses, or other higher power as a weapon. 

1 comment:



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)