Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Can you tell me?

In the course of blogging, learning the ropes, trying to get a handle on Twitter, I have discovered that I have a lot of questions about random things.

Occasionally, I'm going to pose a question to you. Something random but bloggy / social networky / techy in nature most likely. (what? those are all real words, I swear)

I'll post up answers in a few days - cause, maybe you don't know the same things I don't know...you know?

This week, I ask you:

Is there anyway to know the URL link of a post BEFORE it goes live?

If it makes a difference, I use Blogger. I often schedule posts ahead of time and when I need (or want) to share that post with someone, I wait until it is live and then click to it to get the link. Is there anyway to know what the link will be before it's actually posted?

Thanks guys!

3 comments:

  1. Well, I have this trick. As far as I've observed, it can't be used if you have another post with same title, or a blog post with very long titles.

    It's usually like this

    yourblogurl/year/month/post-title.html

    replace all spaces with a dash, remove all punctuations, remove the word 'a' and 'the'.

    BUT, every url of blog posts have this word/character limit. I don't know the limit myself. as for the same post title thing, i think if both posts are posted on the same month, the second post would have a number before .html, if they posted on different months, i THINK no numbers.

    Observe more links and you'll understand more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea... I've wondered the same thing myself as I schedule my posts WAY in advance sometimes.

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)