Sunday, September 6, 2009

In My Mailbox - September 6, 2009


In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren :)

This week was pretty good. I bought more books then I should have (what else is new :) but I think I did pretty well considering how many new releases came out this week!

From BookMooch:
  • Into the Land of the Unicorns by Bruce Coville -- Unicorns have always fasinated me and I realized I didn't have any Unicorn books (the horror!). This is Book One of the youth series, The Unicorn Chronicles
  • The Shape-Changer's Wife by Sharon Shinn -- my favorite author by far. Another one I haven't read to add to my collection!
Bought secondhand
  • Silver is for Secrets by Laurie Faria Stolarz -- 3rd in the Blue is for Nightmares series. I'm collecting these as I can find them and plan on reading them once I have them all :)
Bought new
  • Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins -- Did you think I could resist? Reading it now and LOVING IT!
  • Among the Barons, Among the Brave, Among the Enemy, Among the Free by Margaret Peterson Haddix -- 4th-7th books in the Shadow Children sequence. I now have all of this series and can't wait to finish. Great youth dystopian story. I think I'll do a review of the entire series once I'm done
  • Unbound by Kim Harrison, Melissa Marr, Jeaniene Frost, Vicki Pettersson and Jocelynn Drake -- I picked this up in the horror section because of these words "...plus New York Times bestselling YA author Melissa Marr with her first adult supernatural thriller..." Can we say awesome?
  • Masquerade by Melissa De La Cruz -- second in the Blue Bloods series. Couldn't wait to find this one used after reading the first
Gifts (from my wonderful partner!)
  • Firebirds: An Anthology of Original Fantasy and Science Fiction edited by Sharyn November -- another anthology series with some authors I am unfamiliar with.
  • 206 Bones by Kathy Reichs -- Newest book in my favorite, favorite mystery series. I love Reichs and would recommend her to anyone who loves a good forensic suspense adventure.
So, that's my haul - what's in your mailbox?

(no Amazon links this time...getting this done a little later then usual!)
(btw - do you guys like the links or would you rather have a more detailed synopsis?)

7 comments:

  1. sounds like you got some great books this week!i really need to pick up a copy of Unbound. I hope you enjoy them all! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided I need to check out Bookmooch.. *heads over there*

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously u have sum awesome books!
    enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got a lot of books. Happy Reading!


    Peace
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Masquerade is an amazing book (as is Revelations). Hope you enjoy your books.

    Happy Reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a good week this week in the way of books. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have and need to read the Blue is for Nightmares series. The Among the Hidden series is awesome. I really need to try and get them. Great week of books! :D

    ~Briana

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)