Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Take Your Child To A Bookstore Day

I read about this recently in Shelf Awareness and I think it's a fabulous idea!

Any project aimed at connecting kids with books gets my vote!


Scheduled for this Saturday December 1st the plan is simple - take your child, or any young person in your life to a bookstore!

Not that this isn't a weekly occurrence in my house but I'm going to try to make it fun for my little one :)

I'm also going to use this day as an excuse to kick start my butt into getting out of the house more with my daughter to do things she enjoys (not just running errands!). She absolutely loves books so our local indie shop and fabulous library are tops on my list.

What do you guys think? Even if you've never heard of Take Your Child to a Bookstore Day, will you be browsing shelves with a little one this weekend?

For more information, visit www.takeyourchildtoabookstore.org

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I bet she'll love it. I can't wait to spend more time with my kiddo in bookstores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter was so cute when I told her about it - she asked if we could just look at "her" books and not get any "mommy" books to take home :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing! I think I'll take my daughter...My son might enjoy it too but he's still a bit destructive, so we'll find something to bring home to him. Enjoy your visit with your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachael! I hope you and your daughter have a fabulous time :)

      Delete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)