Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Book Roundup (12) - November 18, 2012

Merriam-Webster defines 'roundup' as a gathering in of scattered persons or things (source)

Replace 'persons or things' with 'BOOKS!' and you'll have what happens in my house every week as I try to keep control of my hoard :)

This week I got…

For Review:
February 5, 2013 from Strange Chemistry
WHY? I think this one's about a mysterious circus in a fantasy setting - count me in :)

March 5, 2013 from Strange Chemistry
WHY? Hidden family legacies with paranormal twists - sounds great!

February 5 2013 from Feirwel and Friends
WHY? My daughter and I love reading together and this one looked very cute.

WHY? Picture books that teach something are always a plus with me.

Bought:
by Brayan Lee O'Malley
WHY? I was introduced to the movie Soctt Pilgrim by my boyfriend - never knowing that it's awesomeness came from a series of graphic novel / mangas written by O'Malley. If you liked the movie, you'll love these books!

WHY? Um...zombies! Gotta say though - I was a fan of this cover when I first saw it but upclose the girl looks way too old to be the Alice in the story...and it's another girl in a dress which got old a long time ago...ok...why did I like this cover? Oh yeah - does't matter - zombies!

WHY? Already read (and reviewed) the ARC but I needed a pretty finished copy for my shelves. The dust jacket of this one is all soft and soothing...nothing like the book!

WHY? So it's the 3rd in a series of a series I haven't even started yet...but it's part of Riordan's Olympus series and I already have books 1 and 2 in hardcover and it looked so pretty in the store and - don't judge me!

WHY? I *might* already own a signed copy of this one but THIS one is a COLLECTOR'S EDITION! Short story, poster, faction tattoos - come on? How could I resist? (you're judging me again aren't you?)

WHY? If you want to be actually thrilled and terrified by a book - read this series.

WHY? Been wanting this one for a while now and I'm supper happy they didn't redesign the cover for the paperback because I loooooove it!

Links are to Goodreads :)

How about your guys? What have you added to your hoard lately?

9 comments:

  1. I just finished reading Anna Dressed in Blood it is so good! Hope you enjoy your books :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked Anna Dressed in Blood - hope I do too :)

      Delete
  2. Something tells me that bunny is up to no good ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bunny's name is Oh So -- how cute is that?!

      Delete
  3. Great books! I really need to atsrt the Mara Dyer and Divergent series! Enjoy!

    My Added to the Bookshelf post!

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! They are two series I haven't been disappointed with :)

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I think we've read it now like 10 times - my daughter loves Oh So :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. The Heroes Of Olympus series is utterly fantastic! I have them on audiobook and LOVE them.

    Happy reading :-)

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)