Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, August 30, 2009

In My Mailbox - Aug 30th


In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren :)

Last week was kinda sad, book wise, but this week was awesome!



From BookMooch:
Night Shift by Lilith Saintcrow (The first of her Jill Kilsmet series. This is the same Lili St. Crow that wrote Strange Angels)
The Gunslinger by Stephen King (The first in the Dark Tower series)
Among the Impostors by Margaret Peterson Haddix (Second Shadow Children book)
Among the Betrayed by Margaret Peterson Haddix (Third Shadow Children book - a review of the first three books is coming soon!)
Uglies by Scott Westerfeld (1st in the series)
Specials by Scott Westerfeld (3rd in the series - ok, now I just need the second one :)

Bought:
The Black Circle 39 Clues Book 5 by Patrick Carman (Love this series! If you haven't read them yet - you should!)
Gothic! Ten Original Dark Tales edited by Deborah Noyes (To be used in my new Short Story Snippets Meme)
The Body of Christopher Creed by Carol Plum-Ucci (Read The SHE and wanted more of this author)
I Was A Teenage Fairy by Francesca Lia Block (Total impluse buy - but I love postmodern fairtales)
The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong (This looks sooo good. So many bloggers have been raving about it - I just couldn't resist)
Princess Academy by Shannon Hale (Another impulse buy - A Newbery Honor Book)
Love is Hell by Melissa Marr, Scott Westerfeld, Justine Larbalestier, Gabrielle Zevin and Laurie Faria Stolarz (Another one for Short Story Snippets - love these authors!)
East by Edith Pattou (Another retelling of the fairy tale East of the Sun, West of the Moon)

For Review:
ARC of The Naughty List by Suzanne Young - Coming February 2010 sent by the publisher
ARC The Good Girl’s Guide to Getting Kidnapped by Yxta Maya Murray - Coming January 2010 sent by the publisher

Related blog posts of mine:
Review of Strange Angels -- Lil St. Crow's first YA novel
Short Story Snippets -- first installment!
Review of Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow -- another retelling of East of the Sun, West of the Moon

7 comments:

  1. The Naughty List sounds so good! I really want to read The Summoning too. I hope you enjoy all your books! Impulse buys are fun but bad for the wallet. XD

    - Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great books this week, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some REALLY great books this week! Have fun with all those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realise the next 39 Clues was out! Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Dark Tower series is excellent. It's being made into graphic novels now, too. The first three in the graphic novel series are out. I just finished the first one last night--took me awhile to get through it, but it was worth it. Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have and need to read The Naughty List. The Uglies series and Among the Hidden series are really great! I loved them both. I've been wanting to read East, The Body of Christopher Creed, Love is Hell, and especially The Summoning. BookMooch is a lifesaver, isn't it? lol. Hope you enjoy all of those great books. :D

    ~Briana

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)