Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Book Review: Atherton The Dark Planet by Patrick Carman

In the dazzling conclusion to the epic story of Atherton, Patrick Carman takes readers on the most rewarding journey of all, to the perilous realm of The Dark Planet: Earth. When Edgar discovers a way to leave the mysterious satellite world of Atherton, he couldn't have imagined the gloom that awaited him on the dark planet, where the oceans are toxic, the forests are full of mutant monsters, and children toil in darkness, controlled by ruthless maniacs. Max Harding, an orphan of the Silo, the maker of Atherton, and the last hope of a dying world, left this place behind, and now Edgar is determined to complete the mad scientist's spectacular plan, revealing Atherton's true purpose. Edgar's quest to discover Earth's dark secret leads to an out of this world adventure in the final book of the Atherton trilogy.
(Publisher website)

This review is going to be a little short. The Dark Planet is the third and final book in the Atherton series and there isn't a whole lot I can say without giving everything away.

So....

If you have read the first two books -- Book 1: The House of Power and Book 2: Rivers of Fire then you will love The Dark Planet. All of our favorite characters are here plus some wonderful (and horrible!) new ones. Edgar learns more about where he came from and in true Carman style, all loose ends are tied up in time for great happy ending.

If you haven't read the first two books -- what are you waiting for? Do it now!
Carman is a great writer. He has yet to disappoint and I've read just about everything he has written so far :)

I'm a sucker for a good author website - check out Carman's here. There are bunch of links for some extra tidbits for Atherton as well and some spooky extras for Skeleton Creek (you can read my review of that book here).

Other Patrick Carman news

2 comments:

  1. I read the first book and never did get around to the other two. I'm trying to though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this series. It looks good. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)