I'm so excited for all the lucky (and exhausted ;) folks in Chicago this week for Book Expo America!
I've been to the expo in real life but this is my first year participating in Armchair BEA!
To find out more about Armchair BEA and to join in on the fun - click HERE
For today's post, I'm going to introduce myself and share a little -- I'm super bad at this so bear with me!
1. What is the name you prefer to use?
Emily is good :)
2. How long have you been a book blogger?
I started blogging in the summer of 2009 - took a break in 2014 and started up again last year. So 6-7 years or so.
3. Have you participated in ABEA before?
4. What is your favorite genre and why?
Paranormal mainly. Sci-fi is a close second. I love everything about the unknown - the mystery of it, the excitement.
5. How do you arrange your bookshelves? Is there a rhyme or reason? Or not at all?
Well...there is a rhyme and reason...but I might be the only one who can tell ;)
I do mostly alphabetical by author, but it's spread across almost every room in the house - and there are some series, like Harry Potter that get their own special place. I actually have all my book cases named so I can keep track of it all.
6. What is the most interesting thing that you have learned through your reading this year so far?
For years I've read mostly YA and mostly paranormal. I stayed away from contemporary and only ready 'adult' sci-fi. This year I took a few more risks with my reading choices and have been pretty pleasantly surprised!
Well, that's all I've got for now!
Hope everyone is having a great Armchair BEA so far!
Happy Reading Everyone!