Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Wishlist Books added in June


Some of the lovelies that made it onto my wishlist this past month

A Dream of Ice (Earthend Saga #2)
by Gillian Anderson and Jeff Rovin

Not gonna lie - I only ready book 1 because -- Gillian Anderson OMG I love her!!
It wasn't the best but I do want to see where this story goes.
Also - 'Saga' means...4 books? No idea if I'll stick with it to the end but book 2 made the cut.

December 8, 2015 from Simon & Schuster

Burning Kingdoms (The Internment Chronicles #2)
by Lauren DeStefano

I DEVOURERED book 1 (Perfect Ruin). It was a mixture of a lot of things that I love seeing in YA books and I'm pretty sure my next Kindle buy will be book 2.

On shelves now - from Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

Their Fractured Light (Starbound #3)
by Amie Kaufman and Megan Spooner

OMG I loved loved loved the first 2 books in this series! I think I bought and read book 2 the day it came out -- so so good!

December 1, 2015 by Disney-Hyperion

Ms. Marvel Vol 3: Crushed
by G. Willow Wilson

I picked up Vol 1 of these graphic novels in preparation of seeing G. Willow Wilson speak at this year's ACRL conference. I was really impressed with her presentation and her story telling.
It's been really hard waiting for the volume sets to come out but I love the way they look on my shelf :)

On shelves on - from Marvel Comics

Saga Vol 5
by Brian K. Vaughan

This comic series is NOT for children and it's pretty perfect. Sex, violence, drugs and a great story to back it all up. The illustrations are fabulous and I've totally fallen in love with everyone (even the bad guys...ESPECIALLY the bad guys ;)
This volume set is issues 25-30 and it's been seriously hard not picking up the single issues as they come out...I can wait a bit longer I guess.

October 14, 2015 from Image Comics

Raging Sea (Undertow #2)
by Michael Buckley

If you follow me on Instagram (@WilowRaven) you may have seen my expressions of love for book 1, Undertow. It was so unlike anything I had read in a while and it's one of those books that stays with you a while.
I seriously can't believe that book 2 isn't out until NEXT YEAR!
Ga! Good things come to those who wait and all that jazz ;)

February 2, 2016 from HMH Books for Young Readers

Killer Within (Killer Instinct #2)
by S.E. Green

So - book 1 actually freaked me out a bit. It was extremely dark - like Dexter dark. I pretty much loved it and the fact that the creepiest character of all was the one you're rooting for was an excellent bonus.
Oh! Oh! And the ending?! Maybe I should have seen it coming but I didn't and it was perfect.
I can see book 1 working as a stand alone but I'm also pretty excited for book 2 - a win win in my opinion.

On shelves now - from Simon Pulse

What made it to your wishlist lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)