Saturday, September 10, 2011

In My Mailbox - September 9, 2011

In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren :)

Vlog in which I post the one and only take I recorded...which was probably a huge mistake. And I lie to you.
And seriously - what is up with my face in that still shot....




Awesomeness mentioned!

Bought! Because I have a problem and no, I still don't need any help for it! :)

Small Town Sinners by Melissa Walker
WHY? Cover love first of all. Contemp which isn't always my thing but I really want to give them more of a try.

Crusade by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie
WHY? Haven't really read much of Nancy's work and I like a good vampire tale...hopefully this one is good - have you read it?

Huntress by Malinda Lo
WHY? Pure fantasy - my favorite genre! Some magic too? Sounds like a pretty cool story.

Human .4 by Mike A. Lancaster
WHY? Already read it and loved it! (my review) Now I have a finished copy. Great sci-fi - I highly recommend this one!

Flying Blind by Deborah Cooke
WHY? Shape shifting dragons? Firelight didn't really do it for me but I love dragons so I thought I would give this one a try.

Ten Miles Past Normal by Frances O'Roark Dowell
WHY? Another contemp that I've heard good things about. Oh - and I said this one was a 2011 debut which I'm pretty sure is a lie...oops...

Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma
WHY? Love the cover! Weird sister thing going on - sounds interesting. And when I said I haven't heard that many great things about this one...that might also have been a lie...

For Review -- huge huge thank you to Sourcebooks!
ARC of Embrace by Jessica Shirvington -- March 2012

So, did I buy enough? Not enough you say? Go back to Borders this weekend you say? Well...if you insist...hehehe

What's in your mailbox!?

10 comments:

  1. got Huntress and Imaginary Girls on my TBR list. Hopping through :)

    my IMM:
    http://bookchilla.wordpress.com/2011/09/10/in-my-mailbox-14/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Small Town Sinners looks so good and the cover is just so pretty. I hope you enjoy it!! Great mailbox :)

    Here's my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you love Small Town Sinners!

    Here's our IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw Embrace in another blogger's IMM. It looks so interesting. I hope you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great week of books! I really want to get my hands on Small Town Sinners too. [: Hope you enjoy all of these.

    Erin @ Let's Evaluate

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're not the only one who couldn't resist Borders. I almost bought Small Town Sinners today, but did get Crusade.

    Here's my Haul o' Yikes! :)
    BordersBookHaul.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great mailbox! I have Imaginary Girls as well, and can't wait to get started on it. :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sound of Imaginary Girls but I have wayyyy to many books to add it to my TBR :( Maybe next year? :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those stupid Borders emails! They drag you in!

    Your Borders had some great books left. Not that I can complain about the 34 books I bought, but I'm just saying. You got some good ones.

    And isn't that Embrace ARC deliciously gorgeous? I got it too and it was a total surprise. I wanted to dive in right away, but I was on my way to work and couldn't. I read the letter though and it is quite intriguing.

    Random question: Are you vlogging from a different area of your house? I feel like the background there looks different, but maybe it's just because I haven't watched one of your vlogs in a while.

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)