Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Book Review: The Iron Legends by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Legends 
(The Iron Fey #1.5, 3.5, 4.5)
Julie Kagawa
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publication: August 2012 from Harlequin Teen
Pages: 304
Format: paperback
Acquisition: bought

Synopsis:
Enter the world of the internationally bestselling Iron Fey series. Dangerous faeries. Heartbreaking romance. Thrilling action and limitless adventure. The world of the fey has never been so powerful. This collection includes three novellas set in the world of the Iron Fey plus the Guide to the Iron Fey with exclusive information about Julie Kagawa's unforgettable world of Faery.
(from Goodreads)

My Thoughts
I love short stories and I LOVE when they get all bound up in a nice package :)

I've read a few of these Iron Fey gems but a few others were new to me - especially the last one.

There is a lot to this book so I thought it best to break it up into parts.

Winter's Passage (#1.5)
Very much Ash and Meghan being...well...themselves. I'm not a huge fan of Meghan so this story was a little annoying - although, I can totally see what she sees in Ash ;)

Summer's Crossing (#3.5)
This one's all about Puck and I love him to pieces! Meghan annoyed me some more (I have such a love hate relationship with her!), Ash was very Ash-like - all hot and whatnot but I would still pick Puck over him any day!
All first person Puck which is both awesome and heartbreaking.

Iron's Prophecy (#4.5)
This is the new one - sort of a bridge story between the first set of books and the next set which feature Meghan's brother. A pretty weird turn of events and I'm curious to see how the new series starts without giving readers the details revealed in this story.

Next up in the book is the Guide To The Iron Fey -- very much a don’t read this section unless you're read ALL of books 1-4. It includes:

*The Original Survival Guide to the Nevernever -- written as if you were a foreign traveler preparing for a journey.

*Character Biographies and Useful Information -- pretty much what it says it is. I can see this section being useful while reading The Lost Prince.

*Glossary -- another useful section. I love the terms and elements Julie has chosen for this series!

*Realms of the Nevernever (and Beyond) -- A reminder of the complex words in which the Fey operate.

*The Iron Quotes -- A quiz (with answers). I don't think I got a single one right but it was still fun to play.

*Q and A with Julie Kagawa -- Love this! It always feels like a treat having a little bit of inside knowledge into why an author writes what they do.

Will I continue the series?
The next book is The Lost Prince which is both a book 5 for the Iron Fey series and a book 1 in the new Call of the Forgotten series. The focus is on Meghan's brother Ethan but after reading Iron Prophecy I can imagine that Meghan and Ash will be big players in the story as well.

Long story short? Yes - I do plan on continuing!

Rating
5 / 5 Stars

#1.0 The Iron King
#1.5 Winter's Passage
#2.0 The Iron Daughter
#3.0 The Iron Queen
#3.5 Summer's Crossing
#4.0 The Iron Knight
#4.5 Iron's Prophecy

The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten Series
#1.0 The Lost Prince
#2.0 The Iron Traitor (September 2013)


No comments:

Post a Comment



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)