Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday! My book giving recommendations :)

Hello brave souls who face the crazy hoards of manic holiday shoppers on this holiest of retail days!
And yes, I am one of them! 

Every year stores are opening earlier and earlier. I would never even think of shopping on Thanksgiving Day but Midnight usually works for me ;)

No matter when you shop this year, at least one person on your holiday gift giving list deserves a book! Or two! Or three! :)

Here are some of my recommendations for the book lovers in your life.

All are young adult books I've read this past year and absolutely loved!

Fantasy
Reckless by Cornelia Funke
The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab
Between The Sea and The Sky by Jaclyn Dolamore

Thriller
 
Escape From Furnance Series by Alexander Gordon

Sci-fi
Human .4 by Mike A. Lancaster
Across The Universe by Beth Revis
Skyship Academy by Nick James

Contemporary
The Pull of Gravity by Gae Polisner
Audition by Stasia Ward Kehoe

Paranormal
Wildfire by Karsten Knight
Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

Dystopian
Delirium by Lauren Oliver
The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch


Is anyone getting books from you as gifts this year?

4 comments:

  1. Yes! I can't say much here in case somehow she stumbles across this blog and comment but one of my close friends is getting a book and it's on your list! Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I wish I had someone to buy books for this year, but alas I don't...unless you count myself. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply the most outstandingly awesome blog I've seen in many a month, Emily aka WillowRaven. I have to pick a day to stay longer and read and enjoy every entry. Your choices and reviews are so good. I'm a new follower and tweeter.
    Deborah/Thebookishdame

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)