Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, February 1, 2010

Monthly Reads and Challenge Updates - January 2010

I know I say this every month but - WOW! Where did the time go?
January brought tons of snow (although not as much as last year :) Tons of Birthdays (7 family members) and Tons of books! Woo hoo!
This is my first January blogging and I have totally embraced 2010 reading challenges. I did limit myself though because I know I could easily get overwhelmed trying to read challenge books and not have enough time to focus on all the other great books out there!
Also, as not to crowd up my posts with weekly updates on Challenge statuses I'll only be posting updates monthly.

Lastly! I have a big contest in the works. Multiple books, multiple winners with an easy entry form. Stay tuned!

Ok - on with the show!

Books Read In January - For links to reviews - visit this post
1. Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien
2. Charlotte Sometimes by Penelope Farmer
3. Stitches: A Memoir by David Small
4. Liar by Justine Larbalestier
5. Prom Dress by Lael Littke
6. Prince of Persia: The Graphic Novel by Jordan Mechner
7. Hearts at Stake by Alyxandra Harvey
8. Shadowed Summer by Saundra Mitchell
9. Magic Under Glass by Jaclyn Dolamore
10. Need by Carrie Jones
11. The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
12. Artemis Fowl: The Graphic Novel by Eoin Colfer
13. Fade by Lisa McMann
14. The Line by Teri Hall
15. The Merchant of Venice: A Graphic Novel by Gareth Hinds

SO! I think I did pretty good in January - even if a some of these books were graphic novels :)
Most of my Challenge Books are included in the list above so I think I'll just list out my goals and totals so far. More info on each Challenge can be found by clicking on the Challenge button images in this post or in my sidebar.

Hosted by The Story Siren
5 books so far!

 
Hosted by J. Kaye
8 / 75

Hosted by Chris and Nymeth
4 / 10 
I might be upgrading my level on this one :)

So, how was January for you guys?

No comments:

Post a Comment



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)