Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, November 2, 2015

October 2015 Wrap Up: The I Love Read-A-Thons and Holy Hell how did all this candy get into my house...Edition

It's November!

That means it's almost December!

That means...shut your face! It is NOT almost Christmas people - DO YOU HEAR ME!?


Ok...so I might be one of those last minute holiday EVERYTHING people. I'm pretty old and set in my ways so I don't see that changing anytime soon - might as well embrace it right?

Good thing I have ALL THIS CANDY to sooth me.

There's the: bought for trick-or-treaters but really some of it is for me candy
There's the: from my wonderful #OTSPSecretSister candy
There's the: daughter who trick-or-treated the hell out of the entire neighborhood candy
There's the: oops, forgot about that pile of candy candy

Basically there is candy everywhere and while I'm all perfect parent "No, honey no candy tonight" I'm also all "Is she asleep yet? Will she hear me rip open this Snickers and shove it in my face?"

Yeah - I gotta say I have a love / hate relationship with October.

One thing (new to me!) that I did absolutely love was the 24 Hour Dewey Read-A-Thon! Totally a last minute join in on my part and I didn't make it through all 24 hours but I did get a ton read AND it kicked my reading into high gear for the rest of the month!

Linking it up over at Feed Your Fiction Addiction!

Let's see what I got up to last month!

THE REVIEWS
Undertow by Michael Buckley - REVIEW | 5/5 Stars
Dark Metropolic by Jaclyn Dolamore - REVIEW | 5/5 Stars
Signs Point to Yes by Sandy Hall - REVIEW | 5/5 Stars

These SHallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly - REVIEW | 4/5 Stars
The Devil and Winnie Flynn by Micol Ostow and David Ostow- REVIEW | 3/5 Stars
Cress by Marissa Meyer - REVIEW | 5/5 Stars


OCTOBER READS
These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly
Daughters Unto Devils by Amy Lukavics
George by Alex Gino
The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

This Dark Endeavor by Kenneth Oppel
The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu
You're Never Weird on the Internet by Felicia Day
Cress by Marissa Meyer

All the Truth That's In Me by Julie Berry
Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
Nirvana by J.R. Stewart

Hope everyone had a great
October!
Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)